At The Gathering Fields we have a range of facilities available to hire. We have a stone barn with kitchen and cosy log burning fire which makes a perfect communal space to run workshops and events or for you and your friends or family to eat drink and relax. You can also use the barn as a camping barn or you can use our converted bunk barn or simply pitch your tent in the surrounding paddock. We also have a craft area which you can hire as an additional space to run small craft activities such as pottery or wood crafts.
We have a large covered communal fire pit area and paddock area which can also be used as part of your workshop or event space. You are welcome to adventure on the designated areas of the farm and surrounding areas.
(See below for pricing and facility details).
Retreat Barn - hire costs
Our Retreat barn hire costs include an initial supply of wood for the indoor and outdoor fires, tea, coffee and herbal teas, and use of the outdoor fire pit area and paddock, shower and toilet facilities and parking area. The Retreat barn also has a small kitchen area, log burner and eating area. See Gallery page for more photos.
|One day barn hire. Barn available from 10am – 6pm||£130|
|One day barn hire including overnight stay used as a bunk barn (max 10 people). Barn available from 10am – 10am next day||£200|
|Half day barn hire (4 hours) available from 10am -2pm or 2pm – 6pm||£65|
|Hourly barn hire||£18|
|Weekend Barn Hire arriving Friday evening, staying Saturday and leave Sunday before 4pm||£300|
|Full week hire of barn. Arriving 10am Monday morning and leaving Sunday before 4pm||£800|
|Craft area hire per day||£30|
|Although an initial supply of logs are provided in the barn hire costs there is a small cost for additional baskets of wood for the log burner.||£4 per basket|
Bunk Barn - hire costs
Our Bunk barn accommodates up to 8 people using 4 separate bays with bunk beds built in. This also includes access to shower and toilet facilities and parking area. The barn is let sole occupancy only at weekends and bank holidays (max 8 people). During the week the barn can be booked per person. Please note that during the week there may be more than one group in the barn. See Gallery page for more photos.
|Weekday (Mon – Thu) Individual Bunk barn hire. Arriving after 2pm, leaving by 11am||£15 per person per night|
|Bunk barn weekend or Bank holiday sole occupancy (sleeping up to 8 people) arriving after 2pm, leaving by 11am||£120 per night|
Camping Area - hire costs
Camping is available in our paddock next to the outdoor firepit area. This includes access to toilets and shower facilities. (Please note that there is no electric hook up available). See Gallery page for more photos.
|Camping based on a four person tent per night with arrivals after 10am and leaving by 11am the following day.||£10 per tent|
|Camping based on a 6 person or more tent per night with arrivals after 10am and leaving by 11am the following day.||£15 per tent|
Food can be provided in your Retreat barn or Bunk barn stay whether you are running a workshop or just having a break. With advanced notice we can provide home cooked and seasonal vegetarian food. Meals are designed for groups of 6 or more and the meal is prepared for the whole group.
|Evening meal (one pot cooked meal e.g. curry, rice and nan bread or Chilli, rice and nachos)||£9.50 per person|
|Soup & bread||£5 per person|
|Breakfast (including cereals, toast, porridge etc)||£6 per person|
|Other meal options are available – please contact us to discuss|
We can provide additional services to enhance your workshop or stay with us at The Gathering Fields. We have listed some of these below and as prices for activities vary, please contact us for details.
|Wool crafts||Forage walks|
|Sound bath||Nature walks|
Terms & Conditions for facility hire
- Workshop providers can be supported by The Gathering Fields in marketing if required and this will include your event advertised on the website, newsletter and shared on facebook. (We ask that you create your own facebook event which we will then share).
- We ask for a 25% non refundable deposit on booking with the remainder to be paid at least 6 weeks prior to your booked date.
- For a refund cancellations for venue hire must be made at least six weeks before your booked date (deposits are not included in the refund).
- We ask that any food consumed on site has the least impact on the environment as possible
- Please take all rubbish and packaging home with you. Food waste must be taken home or disposed of carefully
- We ask that you leave the space as you find it and respect the environment
- No fires are to be made on the ground apart from in the designated area
- We discourage excessive use of alcohol and loud music
- As we care about our environment we ask that all items used in the barn are recyclable and non chemical based